Starting solid food
Nathan has been mimicking us, reaching and drooling when we eat. He's not responding just to the excitement of our huffing meals in split five-minute shifts. I've read that it can take a dozen attempts before an infant will accept solid food. It took one try. The score so far:
* Rice cereal for babies. Refused. No, not just refused but furious,
howling refused. I tasted it, the flavor is as flat as the box it came
out of. Maybe we can use it to thicken soup.
* Banana. Mashed over-ripe fruit with a little formula to thin it. Liked this quite a bit.
* Pear. Peeled, mashed in its own juice. Really liked this. First prize in the clean plate club.
* Ice cream. Vanilla, liked it.
* Ice cream. Chocolate, oh, hell yeah!
Tomorrow he gets sweet potato. I'm predicting more gustatorial success.