It's been a long six days. Probably harder on our son than on me and Maria but seeing how he can't even hold his head up unassisted, let alone write, I get to have the last word. I have:
- learned to five or six ways to hold a squirming infant.
- learned to swaddle a baby.
- learned to change a diaper.
- learned to bottle feed an infant.
- sang more, and worse, than I have in twenty-five years.
- stared at a face more than I have since first meeting Maria.
- realized that there are three distinct cries- irritation, upset and an eardrum searing howl punctuated with sobs and a quivering trill of the lower lip.
- read [What to Expect in the First Year](http://isbn.nu/0761131841).
- been vomited on, baptized with piss and smeared with shit.
- read [The Happiest Baby on the Block](http://isbn.nu/0553588729).
- wondered how the heck I'm going to get by without six hours of sleep.