I was tinkering the other afternoon with my blog software to implement new features and after a few attempts I realized that while blosxom is simple and good it wasn't quite what I wanted and integrating other people's plugins was not going to do it. Enter Movable Type, which leans less toward basic blog and more toward content management system. Very nice and easy to set up. I wrote a quick hack to convert blosxom to MT for import and away I went.
Except when I tried to deploy it on my webserver I had all kinds of weird errors that pointed to a corrupted database. After two days of reading documentation, rebuilding modules, running tests, reinstalling and reviewing the help forums I finally wondered if there wasn't some problem with the particulars of Sparc64, Berkeley DB and Perl. Compiled and configured mySQL. Started from a clean install. Tada! It works.