More eats for baby
For those keeping track, I mentioned Nathan [starting solid food](http://www.lonsteins.com/archives/2005/10/20/starting-solid-food/) back in October. Now eight months old he eats several ounces of (semi-)solid food roughly three times per day in addition to his bottles of formula.
He's not constrained by only having two teeth thanks to us using a food mill. We try him on nearly everything we eat. Here's the latest list of choice eats for baby:
- cottage cheese.
- apple sauce.
- dill pickles (really!).
- plain bagels.
- slices of orange, tangerine, kiwi fruit and apple.
- baked ziti.
- creamed spinach.
- vegetarian chili.
- homemade chicken soup with rice.
- curried lentils.
- mashed potatoes with green beans or peas.
- bites of an Italian sub (mixed meat with provolone, he even liked the onion and dressing).
- braised veal shanks Provençal and garlic mashed potatoes.
Things he didn't like? That's a much shorter list:
- scrambled eggs.
- spinach, prepared several ways (seems to be the stringyness)
- swiss chard and collards.
- tofu, any preparation.